Sunday 4 December 2016

Global Design Project #064 | CASE the Designer

My card today is inspired by the Global Design Project CASE the Designer Challenge and this week's CASE is Connie Collins.
CASE-ing means copy and selectively edit - taking inspiration from the colours, layout, stamp set, theme - whatever you are inspired by! I was inspired by Connie's colours although in a more subtle way and I chose to use the flowers from the Number of Years stamp set.
 
My card base is 14.9 x 10.5cm and the first layer of So Saffron is 14.1 x 9.7 then the top layer is a total of 13.9 x 9.5 with 3cm of So Saffron embossed using the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder. I find this layering works really well and has become a bit of a standard with my cards.
 
The colours I've used are So Saffron, Mint Macaron, Marina Mist and Soft Sky, lovely soft colours. I've added quite a few Pearls - you can never have too many jewels and a bow in Whisper White Bakers Twine.
 
It's Sunday already here and after a hectic week we're having a relaxing afternoon. There are plenty of things to be done but they can wait!
 
Have a great week and be fabulous!

Would you like to comment?

  1. Wow Angela, this is lovely! I adore the large embossed polka dots and the addition of the pearls. You tie a mean bow too!! Thanks so much for playing at Global Design Project as we CASE Connie this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula - I'm always having to tie everyone's bows when I do a workshop! Angela x

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I love your soft colors and the EF.

    ReplyDelete

09 10