Sunday 16 July 2017

CASEing the Catty #137 - Artistic Expression

Sunday 16 July 2017



Welcome to this week's CASEing the Catty Blog Hop. Today's card is from the Artistic Expression section (pages 132-181) of Stampin' Up's! Annual Catalogue.


The Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue is not just a catalogue of products but it is also full of many project ideas, tips and techniques to inspire creativity. I often browse through it and see ideas I hadn't seen before?
 
The inspiration for my project came from the feather card on the left hand side. I don't have the Feather Together stamp set so instead I coloured and cut out feathers from a sheet of the Just Add Color Specialty Designer Series Paper.
 

I chose feathers of approximately the same size and water-coloured them using my Aqua Painter and Powder Pink, Pool Party and Night of Navy Ink, then fussy cut them out!

 
Have you tried the Embossing Paste? It is so easy and fun to use (and doesn't make a mess)! I coloured a small amount of paste using Pool Party Ink - about a 2.5cm (1") blob and 1-2 drops of ink, mixed it quickly and applied it over the mask.
 
I didn't want to cover up all that beautiful embossing so I used a piece of vellum instead. A piece of Pool Party Solid Baker's Twine wrapped around the vellum and tied in a bow sits under the Thank You stamped in Night of Navy from the Daisy Delight stamp set.  The base of my card is in the co-ordinating Powder Pink cardstock.
 
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy my card for this week's CTC Challenge. And thanks to everyone for all their support!
 
If you'd like to join the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge Facebook page please click on the link below.
 
 
And to continue on the blog hop to Peta Stephen click on the link below.
 
http://www.stampincat.com.au/ctc-137-artistic-expression-pages-132-181/
 

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love the colours of your card!! Great idea to use the Just Add Colour DSP. And don't you just love playing with the embossing paste! It's addictive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca. I love the embossing paste and yes it is addictive! xx

      Delete
  2. What beautiful colours - you don't normally think pastels for feathers but wow they are effective. Lovely use of the DSP and that embossing paste is so much fun. Have you tried the Sponged Mask Technique for colouring? - no waste, no mess. 18th June and 27th June for instructions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Will check out your instructions for the Sponged Mask Technique thanks. xx

      Delete
  3. A beautiful card Angela. I cannot wait to have a play with that paper!!!! You have used it so well. And yes - I LOVE the embossing paste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel. I had fun with the paper and paste! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, what dreamy cards Anglela. I love the colour palette & the use of vellum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. They're my favourite colours! xx

      Delete
  5. Great fussy cutting Angela and I love the colours you've used

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous card, Angela. Loooove the pastel tones in the feathers and the gorgeous Pool Party embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colour combinations and the feathers! Must add the Just add ink DSP to my wish list. Fi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fi. The DSP has such great images to colour! xx

      Delete
  8. Absolutely stunning Angela! I love this colour combination and have a weak spot for feathers! Love! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly for your lovely comments. Angela xx

      Delete
  9. Totally, over the top, stunning! Love your CASE more than the original. Welcome to the Crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn - you're too kind! I'm loving being part of the Crew - Angela xx

      Delete
  10. Love this card Angela. I love the way you used the paste in the chevron-ish pattern. The colours are great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose for your lovely comments - Angela xx

      Delete
  11. Wow, your colours are amazing!! I love the use of the vellum - the feathers look like they're floating and like they are as light as a .....feather!!! Brillinat.

    ReplyDelete

09 10