Thursday 22 February 2018

INK & INSPIRATION BLOG HOP

Thursday 22 February 2018

 
 
 
Welcome to this month's Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. You are currently visiting Angela Meiritz-Reid from Christchurch, New Zealand. You may have arrived from Janneke's gorgeous blog or if you're just joining thanks for stopping by. There's a complete list at the bottom to check out all the inspirational projects created by the team.
 
The theme this month is "Take Inspiration" from our Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop Header! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone creates.
 
 
I love all the colours in our logo so I enjoyed creating a card using them. I chose the feathers from the Just Add Colour Specialty Designer Series Paper - I have used every feather in this paper! And as I've said before this DSP is so forgiving when it comes to colouring, you can go over and over again!
 
The colours I've used for the feathers are: Emerald Envy, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Night of Navy and So Saffron, with the Just for You from the Watercolor Wings stamped in Basic Black.
 
The black and white striped paper along the edge is the Petal Passion DSP. I've also used some Linen Thread and three Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
 
 
To create some shadowing at the bottom of the feathers I drew underneath them with the Basic Gray Watercolor Pencil then used my Aqua Painter to blend it.
 
Enjoy the hop, next up is my talented team mate Elaine Johnson - make sure you hop around everyone, you won't want to miss any! 
 

Would you like to comment?

  1. I love your feathers, Angela. So pretty & I thought that was a real shadow! Thank you for being part of the Feb Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The way you coloured the feathers really makes them pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a amazing idea, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love the attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Just gorgeous, Angela. I love the Just Add Color Specialty DSP! And I love your feathers, right down to the shadowing. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Angela. I had the exact set, sitting on my desk but couldn't think of a design I was happy with. You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

09 10