Friday 26 April 2019

INK IT! STAMP IT! TECHNIQUE BLOG HOP

 
Welcome to the Ink It! Stamp It! Blog Hop. This month we are sharing projects featuring techniques. You may have arrived here from my lovely team member Kirsten if you're hopping along already. If you started here, welcome and please make sure to visit all the Design Team's blogs, the full line up below will guide you through all the projects.
 
 
This card was created with another gorgeous stamp set from the new Stampin' Up!® Annual Catalogue, "Free as a Bird" and is part of the Bird Ballad Suite. These suites are designed to make product co-ordination even easier. Aren't these little birds cute?
 
To create my card I used a number of different techniques. The first is on the background and uses daubers with Balmy Blue ink. It's very simple to create but makes a great impact. Just dab the dauber onto the ink pad and create circles on the cardstock until you have achieved the depth of colour you'd like.
 
I've then embossed the coloured piece of cardstock with the Subtles Embossing Folder - another technique!
 
The birds have been stamped with Memento Black Ink and then coloured using the following Stampin' Write Markers - Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz and Soft Suede. Once I had coloured them I gently ran an Aqua Painter over the top - just enough to blend the colours. Then I fussy cut them and adhered them with dimensionals. 
 
 
The sentiment was also stamped in the Memento Black ink. A piece of Linen Thread and a few Iridescent Sequin finish off my card.
 
This card was made with my lovely friend Vivie in mind. We used to flat in London together and she now lives in Auckland. I had a few nights with her when I went up for the Stampin' Up! On Stage Event a few weeks ago.
 
Enjoy the rest of the hop. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's techniques!

Blog Roll: 
 

Product List:
 
Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker
Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker
[120967]
$7.25
Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker
Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker
[100079]
$7.25
Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker
Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker
[131266]
$7.25
Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker
Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker
[120973]
$6.95
Linen Thread
[104199]
$10.50

Would you like to comment?

  1. Oh wow, that is absolutely stunning!! The coloring on your birds is perfect and your fussy cutting is amazing! Love your design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally gorgeous Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Angela! What a stunning card. I really must get this set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Angela, your fussy cutting is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I haven't been brave enough to create a background using inks yet but this card has made me want to try. Love the colour combo too. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Angela, your card took my breath away! The softly sponged background is divine and sets this card apart as a complete knock out. Thanks for the inspiration to just add background to a smaller area on the card.

    ReplyDelete

09 10