Thursday 27 June 2019

INK & INSPIRATION | FOCUS ON TOOLS


Hello and welcome to this month's Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. You are currently visiting Angela Meiritz-Reid from Christchurch, New Zealand. The complete list at the bottom will guide you through all the inspirational projects the team has to share.
 
 
This month our theme is "Focus on Tools" and I've chosen a couple of my favourite tools to create my cards using the gorgeous new Bloom and Grow Bundle.
 
 
Heat embossing was one of the first things I was introduced to when I started making cards and I still love it. The flowers have been embossed using the Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and this creates a great edge to keep your water colouring inside. The Stampin' Up!® Heat Tool has two settings, one for drying ink and one for heat-setting powder so it's quick and easy to use!

 
 
Water colouring is another favourite and the Aqua Painters are the perfect tool for this. I love how they hold their own water! For each of these cards I've created a co-ordinating layer of colour under the Designer Series Paper - Rich Razzleberry, Blushing Bride and Mossy Meadow. I wanted something a little more subtle than the cardstock so I simply water-coloured a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock and layered it between the Gold Glimmer Paper and the DSP.

 
 
I love fussy cutting so my Paper Snips are well loved! I created an extra layer under the flowers with vellum. To do this I traced around the framelits of each of the floral images onto a piece of vellum and fussy cut it.


To complete my cards I added sentiments from the Well Said Stamp Set and Well Written Dies, swirls of Gold Metallic Thread (I still have a little stash of this!) and a sprinkling of sequins from the Woven Threads and Iridescent Sequin Assortments.

Thanks for visiting today and be sure to continue on the hop to visit my lovely talented team members to check out their favourite tools. 
 
Product List

Gold Metallic Thread
Gold Metallic Thread
[138401]
$7.25
Heat Tool
[129056]
$60.00
Paper Snips
[103579]
$20.00

Would you like to comment?

  1. Ooooo, absolutely gorgeous cards and wonderful tips with embossing, watercoloring, diecutting and fussy cutting! I love the color coordination, too! Cannot wait to try the vellum behind the diecuts - LOVE this!!! Thanks for the inspiration, Angela. It’s such a pleasure to be hopping with you! (((HUGS))) across the waters

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning Angela. Love the gold embossing with watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love the embossing with the watercoloring. I must try that.

    ReplyDelete

09 10