Saturday 2 May 2020

SOCIAL STAMPING | BIRTHDAYS IN ISOLATION


Hello and welcome to another Social Stamping Blog Host! We are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators brought together by the very lovely and talented Kelly Kent! For the last six weeks, we have been sharing our creations as a means of bringing us together due to the world being in various stages of social distancing and isolation. You may have arrived here from seeing Nicole Wilson's fabulous creation, or if you are starting here please be sure to hop all the way around, you won't want to miss any of the fabulous projects everyone has to share.

The theme for today's hop is "Birthdays in Isolation" - Happy Birthday Kelly for the 15th!
 

With a little more time on my hands, I've been trying different techniques and colours - it has been lots of fun.

For the background I've stamped images from the "Free as a Bird" stamp set in white on white. I love this subtle look! Then I've added an ombre panel, starting with Melon Mambo at the bottom, Calypso Coral in the middle, Daffodil Delight at the top, and splashed with a little water.

To this I've added the gold embossed flower water-coloured with Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral to co-ordinate with the background.


Some water-coloured and gold foil die cut leaves, a bow and sequin add the finishing touches to my card.

Next up in today's hop is the talented Leonie Stuart, I'm sure she'll have something gorgeous to inspire us with.

Click here to see a list of everyone on the hop.

Product List

Would you like to comment?

  1. Wow!! One day I'm going to be brave enough to try the water splashing technique because you make it look just amazing and easy. Love your sponging! And I love the white on white too. Looks just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia - definitely give it a go, it is easy and fun x

      Delete
  2. Og I do love all the bright colours in this card Angela, your work is always stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the subtle white on white stamping and the sponged background looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Angela. Love the water colouring on the flowers and ombre effect background. I particularly love the white on white stamping. Awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, stunning, elegant! Amazing card Angela I love the brayered background it’s perfect! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!! So many stunning details. Love it as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning watercolouring but the white embossed on white is the most elegant backdrop to the feature panel- thankyou I hadn't ever thought of doing this but I'm definitley going to give it a whirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card Angela! Your ombre panel is so striking and the splashes are lovely and create such a fun detail against the crisp white.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say, I am enjoying seeing your creations lately Angela. The colours on this one are so eye catching. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work, Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wow! I love everything about this but the combination of the ink blending on the front panel and the white on white stamping on the background is stunning!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

09 10