Saturday 26 December 2015

Hello My Friend - Global Design Project #GDP016

This challenge is 'Case the Designer' and Bibi Cameron has made a gorgeous card to CASE this week. The other Design Team creations are gorgeous too - lots of inspiration - check them out!
Here's my card:
 

 Here are the ideas I was inspired by -

Theme - Shaker Card or Waterwash Background.

Layout - Portrait style with circle and sentiment in the centre

Colours - Blues with Whisper White and Gold
This Gold Metallic Thread is definitely one of my favourite things, I think just about every card I make these days has this on it somewhere! The sun stamp is from the Hello (Sale-A-Bration) stamp set.
The My Friend is also from the Hello (Sale-A-Bration) stamp set and the gold Hello is from the Greetings Thinlits Dies. The sequins are the perfect colour and are from the Hello December 2015 Project Life Accessory Pack.
The waterwash background was painted with Pool Party ink - it was my first time painting for a long time!

I hope you had a happy Christmas Day yesterday and are enjoying a relaxing day today!  I've managed a trip to two extremely busy shopping malls (my daughters were keen to spend their Christmas money), some gardening and then time in my craft room to make this card - sounds busy doesn't it! Well there's always tomorrow ....

Take care and see you soon - Angela x

Would you like to comment?

  1. Angela, I really love your take on Bibi's inspiration card. I especially love the watercolor wash on the background. This card is so pretty and fun too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Global Design Project and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Connie for your lovely comments. This challenge certainly took me out of my comfort zone! Happy Holidays to you too! Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute details. I love your unique twist for the shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roselee thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment - Angela

      Delete
  4. I love your card Angela! The watercoloring is stunning and I love the different take on the shaker card too. Very clever. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie you are so kind. It was a bit out of my comfort zone but it's good to be challenged. Happy Holidays - Angela x

      Delete
  5. I can definitely see Bibi's influence on your lovely card Angela. I love the central element to the shaker and the soft watercolour wash. Merry Christmas and thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula - I was a bit daunted by Bibi's card but I'm happy I played along - Angela x

      Delete
  6. Love your card Angela! That shaker is brilliant and the gold Hello diecut goes perfectly across the front. It is soft and yet vibrant ... and I just want to "shake" it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryll for your lovely comments - Angela x

      Delete
  7. Angela - so many wonderful elements to this gorgeous card - I love it! The watercolored background adds such a lovely texture to this fun shaker card. Thank you so much for playing along with this Global Design Project CASE the Designer Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian - so lovely (as always) to receive your kind comments - Angela x

      Delete
  8. Hi Angela, WOW what an honour having you in the challenge, I know I'm a bit late leaving a comment but never to late to say I love your card. Thank you very much for sharing. Hugs from Scotland. x Bibi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bibi the honour is mine having your lovely comment on my blog. Thanks Angela x

      Delete

09 10