Saturday 4 March 2017

TGIF Chick!

Saturday 4 March 2017


 
The colours in this week's TGIF Challenge work perfectly with the Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack as they have 3 of the 6 colours in this gorgeous paper. As I love this paper and it was sitting out on my desk it was a great place to begin.
 

I teamed the DSP with the Hey, Chick stamp set although I made my own version of one of the sentiments using the Labeler Alphabet stamp set.
 
 
I stamped the chicken onto Watercolour Paper and coloured it in using So Saffron Ink and an Aqua Pen.  The square framelit from the "Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies" set makes a perfect frame and the Thick Baker's Twine in Calypso Coral ties a lovely bow.

 
I decorated the insert with a strip of the DSP edged in Calypso Coral, added a couple of co-ordinating enamel dots and stamped the sentiment.
 
If you'd like more inspiration using these gorgeous colours pop on over to the TGIF Challenge blog to see the projects made by the Design Team http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/.
 
Have a lovely day and thanks for visiting.

Would you like to comment?

  1. Okay now this is super awesome! The DSP is a perfect blend with the Hey Chick stamp set and I am loving' the Labeler Alphabet greeting. I am glad you linked up with our color challenge at TGIF! Many thanks, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth for your lovely comments - Angela xx

      Delete
  2. Love this Angela! The striped DSP is a gorgeous addition to go with the He Chick stamp set. Love the bright and colourful embellishments to finish off this fun card. Thanks for playing along this week at TGIF Challenges. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle it's a fun challenge - Angela xx

      Delete
  3. That chicken goes perfectly with this paper! I would never have thought to combine the two! I love how you added some bling with the twine and gems. Thanks for joining in this week over at TGIF! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carolynn - I really enjoyed the challenge xx

      Delete
  4. Awesome job! Thanks for joining us at TGIF.

    ReplyDelete

09 10