Thursday 23 April 2020

INK & INSPIRATION | GRATITUDE


Welcome to the Ink & Inspiration Design Team Blog Hop. You may have arrived here from my lovely and talented friend Sandra Mastello from Australia. If you are starting here please see the complete list at the bottom of this post which will guide you through all the inspirational projects the team has to share.

The theme for this hop is Gratitude and it is perfect timing to be expressing Gratitude. My heart goes out to everyone around the world dealing with this terrible virus that has afflicted so many.  Whilst it is a difficult time and creating a tremendous amount of hardship, there are still many things to have gratitude for. Amongst those are all the amazing people working in "essential services" putting others first while they continue to keep our countries up and running. To these unsung heroes thank you, thank you for your dedication, selflessness, and your service, we wouldn't be making such a positive impact on beating this pandemic without you.

For my card this month I've chosen the gorgeous To A Wild Rose Bundle and used the colours Merry Merlot, Garden Green and Crushed Curry! These are colours I haven't used before, I'm trying to expand my repertoire!


I love how the Stitched So Sweetly Dies also make great background grounds, here I've used one of the dies to layer my rose on. I added some splattering so it wouldn't be too stark and then layered up some of the Garden Green Twine and Vellum leaves from the Wild Rose Dies under the rose and leaves.

"Blessed" is white embossed on Basic Black Cardstock and then fussy cut! I wonder if I could get a job fussy cutting? I love it!

I also added a mixture of pearls and sequins.


The rose from this set is perfect for water-colouring and I really did enjoy using different colours!

If you are feeling a bit stuck (in quarantine) as we are here in Christchurch, New Zealand, take a trip around the world with us and be inspired with Gratitude projects.

Take care and stay safe!


Blog Roll:




Product List:


Would you like to comment?

  1. Your card is Stunning Angela! Your water - colouring on your rose is so pretty, the rose looks like its popping off your card. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! So beautiful! Love all the differentiation in the petals. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your card!!! All the little details are amazing and such a lovely color combination. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning, Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Card Angela, the colouring is Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

09 10